Purpose of Position
Develop and execute a marketing strategy in support of centre strategy and guide the development of plans and components (advertising, PR, CRM, Tourism, Research & Visual) needed to deliver footfall results and build brand awareness in line with the target customer profile.
McArthurGlen has currently 24 Designer Outlets in Europe and Canada. Our centres are the cornerstone of the growth of our business, and the Marketing Managers are key contributors to achieving our commercial targets.
The Marketing Manager will deliver best in class marketing plans and ensure excellent customer facing campaigns, events and communications.
Excellent delivery of the centre marketing strategy & plan
- Contribute to and deliver the centre’s marketing strategy in line with centre KPI’s and within the overall McArthurGlen brand Marketing strategy – under the guidance of the Regional Marketing Manager.
- At centre level, bring to life corporate and regional marketing campaigns, ensuring execution is up to McArthurGlen standards
- Contributes to the centre tourism plan and oversees the execution of local tourism initiatives
- Support refurbishment, new phases, new store/restaurant openings, new commercialisation and redevelopment projects within the centre with appropriate marketing initiatives
- Share key learnings; contribute to the regional and corporate marketing plans with local insight, expertise and new ideas.
Deliver marketing support for trading and retail
- Work with the Retail Managers to develop and implement the centre trading calenda
- Collaborate with Retail Managers to deliver category/brand promotion
- Ensure all centre marketing collateral/events are within brand guidelines and that all brands in the centre (permanent or temporary) are visually (store fit, and VM) in line with the McArthurGlen brand strategy
Manage the centre marketing budget & report on marketing performance
- Manage PO and invoices, in line with Finance guidelines, to ensure cost efficiency and on budget delivery
- Provide accurate and relevant information to the Regional Marketing Manager and Centre Manager on performance, weekly, monthly and quarterly (including competitor review and reporting)
- Ensure all local marketing initiatives have clear KPI
Manage the centre marketing team
- Manage the performance of direct reports, if any, developing and motivating those individuals to maximise their potential and value to the business
- Maintain close collaboration with other centres, regional and Head Office teams to keep everyone informed of local initiatives, successes and challenges, and get the support and guidance required to deliver commercial goals
Be a key member of the centre management tea
- Create a strong relationship with the management team and collaborate daily with retail, facilities, office and customer facing tea
- Centre duty management on a rota basis. Develop local marketing relationships
- Initiate and maintain relationships at local level with brand partners, local media, business community, local government to ensure their support for our centre
Success = Right Strategy + Communication + Enable Self and Others + Excellent Execution
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our business. We would love to hear from you so please start your journey with us by applying online with your CV.
Knowledge and Skills required
- Educated to degree level (preferably business) or equivalent
- Excellent grasp of marketing channels, both traditional and digital
- Commercially savvy, numerate and comfortable with financial reporting
- A strong team leader and team player, able to build relationships with senior and junior stakeholders
- Advocate of HQ centralisation and local adaptability
- IT skills: Intermediate level Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Strong communication skills; fluency in English mandatory, along with fluent German language skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects; highly organised and efficient