Purpose of position
Provide proactive, professional, timely, efficient and friendly service to all external and internal customers of the centre, ensuring relevant information is given and all queries are followed-through to the guest’s satisfaction to enhance the shopping experience.
- Meet and greet internal and external guests at the Information Desk and/or reception desk, resolving queries/complaints in a professional and friendly manner, and proactively offer information to add the greatest value possible to the customer experience.
- Regularly report to Tourism Executive all data and figures of incoming coaches and of any organised and spontaneous tourist, including report of all marketing tools (privilege cards, fashion passport).
- Sale and management of Centre gift cards, including assistance to external guests and stores. Complete the excel database and send it to the line manager.
- Maintain and update vip cards and outlet cards database.
- Maintain and update footfall and other figures in sharepoint on a daily basis.
- Keep updated of Centre Trade calendar with Marketing and Retail Manager in order to be aware of all Centre activities, new promotions and developments and communicate these effectively with both tenants and customers.
- Ensure the Guest Desk is always clean, tidy, well-organised and well-stocked with relevant information to ensure that McArthurGlen is positively promoted at all times.
- Record, coordinate and report relevant information, including tenant figures, lost property, wheelchair and radio records, and efficiently balance voucher sales, stamps, and other transactions so that Managers, customers and tenants have accurate information.
- Ensure the Contact Information and is regularly updated.
- Process and prioritise incoming and outgoing couriers, deliveries and mail in a timely manner.
Knowledge and Skills
- GCSE standard or equivalent
- Experience in hospitality sector and in a customer service role
- Minimum typing speed of 40wpm
- Reception experience is desirable
- IT skills – Beginner Word, Outlook and PowerPoint; Intermediate Excel.
- Languages: fluent English – another Language is a plus