PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Leading the Product development process, according to the collection structure and price positioning.
Sourcing of new suppliers to respect quality and cost targets; final control and confirmation of the technical sheets and product specifications; negotiation of prices with suppliers.
CORE JOBS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sourcing of materials and products according to the briefing received by Product Managers.
- Sourcing of new suppliers to respect quality and cost targets.
- Drawing up and updating the technical sheets and product specifications of all the Footwear product categories.
- Development of Handbags and Small Leather Goods programs on 4 collections per year.
- Drive the development process to ensure product meets the performance in terms of look (aesthetic) and margin expectation.
- Planning of workflow and deployment of resources to deliver results
- Support PDM on the development activities of the Footwear collection
- Work with the vendors and material suppliers to source and develop appropriate materials and components.
- Act as a consultant to cross functional ‘Product & Merchandising Department’ by analyzing designs for production efficiencies, potential quality issues and costing issues and offer alternative solutions.
- Interact with designers/developers, supply chain, factory product development staff (Far East – EU suppliers), raw material vendors and manufactures to ensure products are developed in keeping with brief specs and goals.
- Own and coordinate the fit, wear, testing and the communications of corrections to vendors; approve the confirmations samples in order to set-up the production step.
- Editing Technical sheets and material records.
- 1-2 years of experience in the role
- The knowledge of fashion/accessories industry is a plus
- Fluent English both written and spoken
- Excellent Office Package knowledge (especially excel)
- Willingness to travel in Far East (6/7 times per year)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Integrity/honesty – chooses ethical courses of action